I'm Fishy

This is more a journal than any vain conceit that someone cares about my pet care habits.
If however you are entertained or informed, more power to you!


Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Measureable Difference


Well, I was at the grocery store walking down an aisle I don't normally find myself in, looking for some steel bowls for what I hope will eventually be a Van de Graff machine. I didn't buy the bowls (because the price wasn't labeled), but I did see some tiny measuring spoons. This was my chance to return the 1/8 tsp I had been indefinitely borrowing from my fiancee.

I had been using half of the 1/8 teaspoon (1/16 tsp) as my standard measurement (although I'd occasionally dose a full 1/8 tsp of K2SO4 or KNO3). So let's reconcile the measurements I've been making with this new set of spoons:

  • Dash = 1/8 teaspoon
  • Pinch = 1/16 teaspoon
  • Smidgen = 1/32 teaspoon


Looks like a pinch is my new baseline. It'll be nice to have these; I've already noticed that the ferts stick to the metal less readily than they did my previous plastic spoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home