I'm Fishy

This is more a journal than any vain conceit that someone cares about my pet care habits.
If however you are entertained or informed, more power to you!


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Back Down to Eight


One more cory bit the dust this morning. Now the one eyed one is the only one alive in the 5-gallon. He's a trooper, but his fins don't appear to be getting better. In fact, one of his pectoral fins appears to be getting worse. The dead cory was moving around normally yesterday, but I saw a little red something near his gills that had me worrried (for good reason, I guess).

I did a big trim on the 30-gallon. There were three or four baby green pad plants to take out. I tried to cut most stuff down -- I want more light to get down to the substrate (speaking of which, glosso growth appears to be accelerating). The two main victims of my trimming was the rotala indica (I always feel bad about that, because there's not really anything to give away afterwards). Also, I finally got around to cutting down the bacopa on the near right, so hopefully I can get everything there rooted again, and leave the driftwood there visible.

With all the attention paid, I noticed one of the 13 rasboras was breathing quickly and sort of pale. I moved him to the 5-gallon to try to fix him, where I've failed with the corydoras. All the other rasboras were in good shape, but it's bothersome to me that I'm seeing such a high illness rate among the 30-gallon inhabitants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home