I'm Fishy

This is more a journal than any vain conceit that someone cares about my pet care habits.
If however you are entertained or informed, more power to you!


Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shrimp Tank Update


I found a molt in the 10-gallon tank, so I hope that means that things are going well (I think I know what the difference between a molting and a dead shrimp is at this point; all the dead ghost shrimp in there turn pink -- moltings tend to be clear/translucent).

It was time to drop in another chalk feeding block to the 30-gallon tank for the mystery snails to munch on. I chipped off a tiny piece of it to throw in the 10-gallon both for food and exoskeleton building blocks. However, I'm not sure if it will do any good; I saw snails attacking it right away -- it makes me suspect/realize that there aren't as many snails in the 30-gallon and perhaps something is eating them as a form of population control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home