I'm Fishy

This is more a journal than any vain conceit that someone cares about my pet care habits.
If however you are entertained or informed, more power to you!


Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snail Overboard -- Worm Out of Board


I was about to go to bed last night when I heard something fall over in the kitchen. I contemplated ignoring it, but my cat was with me, so a random noise like that was a bit unusual. Sure enough, on my kitchen counter was one of the larger mystery snails, which had retreated into its shell.

I'm guessing it must have fallen about 2 ft (I saw the wet streak up the filter), but I hopefully placed him back in the aquarium on the rotala indica. Sure enough, in the morning, he had moved somewhere else, so I'm guessing it's okay.

This evening, however, I found that a suspicious looking root I had spotted a couple days ago was not a root at all. It had moved to another part of the tank and appeared to be moving itself about. I reached in with my scrubber brush to scoop it out, and it coiled up a half dozen times as I lifted it out and placed it in a water-filled ZipLoc bag.


Because my camera battery was dead, this camera-phone picture I was the best I could do. It continued to writhe and wiggle, but could not infect the rest of my shrimp from my new home. I just hope my cat doesn't get into it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home