I'm Fishy

This is more a journal than any vain conceit that someone cares about my pet care habits.
If however you are entertained or informed, more power to you!


Sunday, February 17, 2008

No Sunday Rest


Well, I was wrong. There were more eggs in the morning, which I quickly moved to the net before heading out for my typical Sunday rituals.


Upon returning, there were still more eggs! That's over 24 hours of breeding for anyone counting out there. The groups of eggs now were numbering in the double digits, whereas previously, they were typically in groups of 3-6. Needless to say, the egg transfer was becoming something of a chore; I would guess I collected well over 100 eggs. With those kinds of numbers, even a modest hatch rate would leave me with my hands full.

In preparation, I went out and bought a baby brine shrimp (BBS) breeder. Actually, the first one I bought was missing a piece, but PetsMart let me exchange it for a complete one without much hassle.


From what I've read, the cories will hatch and feed on their yolk sacks for a day or two. Because the BBS need only 24 hours to hatch, I will put off hatching them until I see some cories hatching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home